I was quite lucky to win them from Flea Bay for good price. Really lovely headphones for collectors in Pioneer blu serie. This time quick restoration. Pretty much all i did was pretty much only cosmetic augmentation. I didn’t change diaphram nor mechanics or electronics.
- Spray headphone stand in silver, so it fits with black headphones
- Thoroughly clean headphones and and cable use leather renewer
- Clean plastic with laser printer rubber renewer
- Clean aluminium with WD-40
- Dioxe jack
- Cut new black foam for inner padding
- Take apart, ironed original cardboard box
First paper template drawn by pencil and carefully cut out.
To renew old black foam inside you can use self-sticker foam, can be purchased of eBay in different thicknesses, this is 3mm thick.
And this is how it should look like after restoration. Nice in it’s new headphone stand.
Note you can display headphones for ego purposes, but as a collector I recommend to put them back to it’s original box, decent padding to keep them away from dust and sun light.