This deck was oriented more toward the enthusiast that was interested in “live recording”.
The two RT-1020 decks were 1/4 track units, whereas the RT-1050 was supplied as a half-track unit.
The RT-1050 was available only as a 7.5 / 15 ips unit and came with a removable front cover and a folding carrying handle.
A 1/4 track head assembly was available for the RT-1050 as an accessory.
The RT-1020 units had wooden end panels whereas the RT-1050 cabinet was finished in black.
– Pioneer RT-1050 2-track stereo reel tape recorder was made in Japan from 1974 to 1980.
– To reduce noise, the magnetic heads has shorter path in the tape drive.
– To successfully reduce the vibration chassis frame is made with high precision die-cast aluminium 5 mm thick.
– During recording, you can mix the microphone and line inputs.
– The set for the front cover, cover with leather trim.
Track system: 2-track, 2-channel, stereo/monaural system
Tape speeds: 7 1⁄2 15 ips
Wow and flutter: 0.04% (15 ips)
Frequency response: 30Hz to 22kHz (15 ips)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 57dB
Input: 50mV (line), 15mV (DIN), 0.25mV (mic)
Output: 0.3V (line), 0.3V (DIN)
Dimensions: 460 x 453 x 244mm
Note: plug in 4-track head option Pioneer PP-204T